Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Hi all,

Anyone know how to decipher the VIN to determine what is coming? I ordered a 2017 T6 Inscription and the dealer was able to provide a VIN for it. When I sent the VIN over to my insurance agent at State Farm, they believe it is a 2017 T8. Something has to be wrong some where. Since I don't have my XC 90 yet, I can't confirm.

Anyone know how to figure it out based on a VIN? One character position has to determine T6 or T8.

Thanks,

Rob

emoremio

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 XC90 R-Design Polestar
I don't know how to figure it out, but if I were you I would wait until you actually buy it to put it on your policy.
You know your deposit if refundable and you don't have to actually buy it, I heard there was some mix ups with colors or options discovered after the car actually arrives.
I hope there will not be any problems with yours, but still I would wait and call your agent before you leave the dealer lot.
I have Esurance (highly recommend BTW) so adding/removing the car (if you trade in your current) is just as easy as entering model and vin number on the smartphone app - took me probably about 2 minutes, even the salesman was impressed.
Hope it helps.

RonXC

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Enter your VIN on this site.
http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Volvo

If you look at the fourth digit of your VIN: Example: YV4A or YV4B

If it ends with an A you have the T6, if its B then it's T8.

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Thank you! That is exactly what I needed. I was able to confirm it is a T6 Inscription at least.

Rob

crewcabrob

Reactions
State
NE
Country
United States
What I Drive
XC90 Inscription
Thank you! That is exactly what I needed. I was able to confirm it is a T6 Inscription at least.

Rob