Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC40 Forum and Volvo XC40 community dedicated to Volvo XC40 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC40 Forum today!

Welcome to the Volvo XC40 Forum, please post an introduction

VolvoFan

Administrator
Staff Team
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Hello and welcome to Volvo XC40 Forum, the premier community for Volvo XC40 owners from around the world. Please take a moment and post your introduction and let us know a little bit about yourselves.

UGKpin

Reactions
Hi I'm Michael Middleton and I currently live in Nebraska. I am retired from the US Air Force. I just ordered my XC40 on April 30th after doing extensive research on several cars I wanted to purchase. My goal is to have the XC40 for 2 years and then I will upgrade to the XC90. I really love the XC90 which I hope will be added to the subscription service in the next two years. Really don't want to purchase a vehicle to own anymore and I believe the subscription service leaves the headache out of car buying.

jay_man2

Reactions
I'm Jay in Northern Virginia. I got lucky a couple of weeks ago and snagged a CBV R-Design that the salesperson had ordered for himself, then decided not to complete the transaction. I bought it July 2, the day it hit the dealer's website.

This is my second Volvo. My first was an '85 740 GLE that I drove for 5 years and put 170,000 miles on.

XCMike

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
I'm Jay in Northern Virginia. I got lucky a couple of weeks ago and snagged a CBV R-Design that the salesperson had ordered for himself, then decided not to complete the transaction. I bought it July 2, the day it hit the dealer's website.

This is my second Volvo. My first was an '85 740 GLE that I drove for 5 years and put 170,000 miles on.
Welcome

Derbian

Reactions
City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am Colin, I am a contractor in Engineering from South London in the UK. I don’t have an XC40 yet, just going through the process of deciding which Variant and options to go for.

If anyone can give any advice on the “must have” options I would be grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

afpadc

Reactions
City
Annapolis
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC40
Hello. My name is Arthur and I live in Annapolis, MD. Just bought a used 2019 XC40R and am looking forward to driving it while I wait for the Recharge to appear.

Reactions
City
Dartford
State
CO
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
XC40 T4 Incricption Pro 2019
Hi, I'm Steve from Dartford (UK) Retired early from a government organization and after a six-month order for my new XC40 T4 Inscription Pro, I finally picked the toy at the start of March 2019.
My last car was a Lexus RCF and prior to that a GS450h, so a big change to what I'm I'm used to, but so far I'm pleased with the Volvo

Foxmulder

Reactions
City
Milan
State
Non-US
Country
Italy
What I Drive
Ford C-Max
Hi, I'm Stefano from Milan (Italy).
I have ordered an xc40 in January. It will arrive, likely, at the end of may.
It's my first Volvo. Now I'm driving a Ford Cmax mk 2.
I hope the lockdown will end for the date.
Meanwhile it is impossible selling my Ford.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Dartford
State
CO
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Hi Stefano
I think you have made a good choice and in my opinion, should be vastly better than the CMax.
With a bit of luck, lockdown will end soon for you and will get back to some sort of normality before your pick-update.

Steve

Reactions
City
Dartford
State
CO
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Hi I am Colin, I am a contractor in Engineering from South London in the UK. I don’t have an XC40 yet, just going through the process of deciding which Variant and options to go for.

If anyone can give any advice on the “must have” options I would be grateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hi Colin

I have an Inscription Pro with every option and packages available and the things that I use the most are;
The pack that I find most useful is the Intellisafe Pro, which has autopilot (can't remember what Volvo call it) but use it all the time and this also includes surround cam so you can see all around the car as well as adaptive cruize control and a pan a sunroof, H K sound system is a cheap upgrade for around £550 I think, if you like your music!
Also, the "Pro" has a heated windscreen which I find have found invaluable in the past and again use on those nasty frosty mornings (no more de-Icer)

So these are my favorite options.