Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC60 Forum and Volvo XC60 community dedicated to Volvo XC60 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC60 Forum today!

Research on the road noise issue.

Gemini8

Reactions
City
Newmarket
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Volvo XC60 AWD Inscription
I have a 2019 XC60 AWD Inscription. I like it very much. I have an issue with road noise. I replaced the tires with Pirelli Scorpion Zero Ultra-High-Performance A/S tires. I noticed the road noise was much improved over the Original Continentals. However, there is still too much noise entering the cabin and I don't know where to begin to address this. Does anyone know if it is from the floor, the door panels, the wheel wells, or is it just a design flaw?
There are a lot of sound-deadening materials available, but I don't know where to begin.

Reactions
City
basingstoke
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
I think it is more noticeable because the rest of the car is so refined and quiet, only answer is for much smaller and thinner wheels or take your exhaust silencer off!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Elko
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC60
I have 2018 Inscription and same as you, too much noise. I also replaced the Continentals with the Pirelli Scorpion Zeros and although better in the snow, it is not much quieter. I unfortunately have the 20" wheels as that is all the dealer had on any of their stock. It is still too noisy to hear the radio unless it is turned up so loud that you cannot talk to your passenger. That is only one of the annoying things with this car. Do your voice commands work? Mine has never worked properly and neither does the GPS. I will be selling this car before winter (as it is dangerous in the snow) and will never buy another Volvo as long as I live.

Reactions
City
Elko
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Volvo XC60
I went to a tire store to get my new tires installed. The previous set of tires were the original ones from the Volvo factory and they were worse than the ones that I have now. So that is obviously not the problem. My last car (and next one) was a Mercedes and there was no road noise at all in that one. It was a real disappointment to find out how noisy the Volvo is. You cannot even listen to the radio unless it is turned way up. Then you can't converse with any passengers. Far from a luxury vehicle

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yorkshire Mike General Automotive Discussions 0
D New Member Introduction 5