City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
Help.. anyone have a 2016+ XC90 that intermittently has pretty violent shakes at high speed?

Having an issue on my 2016 XC90 T6 AWD with 66k miles on it. The issue is that every so often for very short periods of time the whole car will start to violently shake at high speeds when accelerator is engaged. Then it’s even worse if I release the accelerator. There does not appear to be a "trigger" that causes the situation it just sporadically happens for 5miles or so at 70-85mph every 10miles or 200miles between events.

I know it's not a tire problem unless its a balancing thing but that seems odd because of the infrequency it happens. It feels like motor mount, timing issue with injector/valves or something else in the wheel area CV joint?

I took it to the stealership and they can’t find anything. No codes in the computer mean they cant tell me anything. All I know is the situation is causing me great concern as it’s not normal and and I feel the car could break at high rates of speed with my family in it. My wife are seriously considering ditching the vehicle due to this (which up until not has been great) simply because we don't want to pour tons of money chasing down an issue with fixes that might not need fixing.

Anyone else experience this? If you need more details let me know, I tried my best to explain what happening.

Alspecto

Reactions
City
St. Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 XC90
I just bought the exact same car last week and there must be issues with the motor mounts on these things as the dealership replaced them on our car before they put it up for sale. I'm sorry, I'm not familiar enough with these to guess at what your are experiencing.