Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC40 Forum and Volvo XC40 community dedicated to Volvo XC40 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC40 Forum today!

Considering XC40

Reactions
City
Pensacola
State
FL
Country
United States
Hi, I’m Nora from Florida. I’m in the process of researching a new vehicle. Presently I have a 1996 850R sedan. I am thinking of purchasing an SUV or a wagon. I am trying to decide on which model of Volvo to choose. I don’t really need the space of an XC90, but I am wondering if the size and weight of the largest SUV would afford me more safety. The XC40 I think would be more maneuverable and easier to fit into my garage, as I will be keeping my 850.

I welcome advice from all the members. Thank you so much for letting me join this forum!

Nora

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions
City
Pensacola
State
FL
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 XC40 Momentum T5
https://www.volvocarspensacola.com/...ensacola-b07e1e1a0a0e0a6b10e26e51c73af678.htm

This is the vehicle I am considering. Today I will be going to the dealership to take a look and do a test drive. I appreciate any information, advice, and recommendations from people who have owned an XC40. Thank you all so much!

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hello. Did you purchase your XC40? I have had one for 2 years now and I really like it, but have had a few repairs that were needed under warranty: A new automatic rain sensor, and front rotors at 17,000 miles due to warpage. Other than that, I've really enjoyed the vehicle and just hope that there are no major issues after the warranty expires or it's going to get expensive!

Reactions
City
Pensacola
State
FL
Country
United States
Thank you XO 90! Yes I just brought the car home today. I think I’m really going to like it. So much to learn! How did you know the rotors had to be replaced?

Once I get a chance to drive it and read some of the manual, I’m sure I’ll be coming back for questions. Volvo on Call was down today so I’ll be going back to the dealership to get set up next week. I really want to activate the feature of remote starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk